[Samba] Can't get local sid any more, ldap backend

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Thu Mar 24 13:23:59 GMT 2005

openldap-2.2.13-2
samba-3.0.11-5

I am having a problem with trying "net getlocalsid"
[root at groupware tmp]# net getlocalsid
[2005/03/24 07:50:06, 0] utils/net.c:net_getlocalsid(494)
  Can't fetch domain SID for name: GROUPWARE

This happened after setting up an ldap backend,I do have the sid id from
before adding the backend but can't find anything anywhere on any lists
with same problem, my DIT does have a sambaDomain object, and slapcat
dump does appear to have the SID entries. Debuuging slapd I am getting
this error, will try OpenLdap list as well.

do_bind: version=3 dn="cn=Manager,ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=test,dc=com"
method=128
==> bdb_bind: dn: cn=Manager,ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=test,dc=com
bdb_dn2entry("cn=manager,ou=users,ou=oxobjects,dc=test,dc=com")
=> bdb_dn2id( "cn=manager,ou=users,ou=oxobjects,dc=test,dc=com" )
<= bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found
(-30990)
send_ldap_result: conn=14 op=0 p=3
send_ldap_result: err=49 matched="" text=""
send_ldap_response: msgid=1 tag=97 err=49

Ted