[Samba] "net rpc testjoin falils" and after few second OK!!

Ephi Dror ephi at agami.com
Wed Mar 23 01:20:32 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Does anyone has an idea why sometimes when I issue "net rpc testjoin"
right after I joined the domain using ("net ads join")  I get an error :

"Error in domain join verification (fresh connection)"

But after  waiting few seconds, testjoin is succeed like a Swiss watch.

Its only happens when I join as ADS and only to one of my windows 2003
ADS domain.

I'm curious, I thought that after "net" command for ads join returns no
errors, I assumed we are already part of the given domain and the domain
controller finished its business of creating the computer account for us
so I don't understand that delay in that testjoin until it finally
telling us that we are ok.
What happens here is that we get the secrets to communicate with the
domain but can't use it right away.

Your ideas are very welcome.

Cheers,
Ephi