[Samba] Windows XP traffic Increase

Honey Bajaj honeyb at competentsoftware.com
Sun Mar 20 10:55:47 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have configured samba domain in our network of around 150 windows node, we are running 4 Samba server, Samba acts as PDC, member server, everything was running fine with windows 98, until we start upgrading our systems to windows xp, the network started becoming choke and problem of slow access arises everyday, I have checked with ethereal and the traffic generated by windows xp is almost thrice for the same work which windows 98 did. Please provide me some solution to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Honey