[Samba] what to do ??

Collen collen at zeist.hermanjordan.nl
Fri Mar 18 16:56:27 GMT 2005

What to do, i guess that's up to you..
i must say, we migrated from a windows domain to a samba domain 2 years
ago.. and it works all the same (for the users that is..)
administrating the domain is easy as well. once you know your way around
samba..
this year, we installed an intranet/extranet, with the samba user-DB as
backend to authenticate the users.
and this has also an mail-server (smtp & imap & spam & vscan) running
also authenticating the users agains samba user-DB.! (PAM-solution!)
so if you go for flexebilety, go with samba and linux..
support is mutch greader, and you can tune it the way you want..

if you want to go for a system that is harsh and non-flexible and with
security issues ever week/month, go and give billy boy some more cash.
(i must say, it's strainge that your able to run a free of cost ms
server ??!)

most people on this list, will recomend linux + samba or some sort of
combination. it free, quick, good support flexible and does the job!

Well have a nice decission time..

Greetings
Collen