[Samba] Hula-project and Samba

Geoff Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Fri Mar 18 02:34:16 GMT 2005

James Ruthven wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone run Hula Server (http://www.hula-project.org) and Samba on
> the same server and got the user authentication to sync?
>
> I imagine this would involve configuring Samba to use eDirectory
> (Novell) which Hula is using for store.
>
> I have searched everywhere for documentation referencing Hula and
> Samba integration/authentication but only found one article
> announcing that Novell has contributed its eDirectory APIs to the
> Samba Project.
>
> Have these APIs been implemented yet?
>
> Please could someone point me in the right direction?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> James

It's probably going to be an easier job to use Open-xchange.  I have done
some prliminary work on integrating Samba 3.0.10 and OX 0.7.5.  this is
documented on the OX wiki.  Most of the Doc is copied and pasted from JHT's
work but adapted for Debian.  It hasn't been updated for the OX 0.8beta4
release or for Samba 3.0.11 but the basics are there to create a Win2K SBS
replacement.  (I'm just waiting for a more stable release of Oxlook to sync
outlook with OX)

Regards Geoff Scott