[Samba] smbpasswd to LDAP

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Mar 17 17:46:12 GMT 2005

>mess.  My question is Shouldn't I somehow be able to insert samba passwords into
>the LDAP database and move on?  Or is it just past that point now?

Well, you can do one of two things, as I see it:
1. Try to run pdbedit with import/export flags and point it at your
password file.  Note that I don't know what this will do with existing
entries' data.
2. Grab the password hashes out of the file and manually insert them.

Naturally 1 would be easier.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.