[Samba] Changing SMB Administrator account name

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Mar 14 19:29:12 GMT 2005

>How do you change the Administrator account name for Samba/LDAP? On all of
>our Windows machines we change the default Administrator account name to
>something else. I want to do that for the Samba/LDAP PDC so that all the
>machines are in sync.

Have you tried to change the uid/rename the entry in LDAP?  The SID is
what matters, so the uid shouldn't matter.  It probably won't let you
rename the object, but you can create a copy with a new name and delete
the old one

--

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.