[Samba] TLS statement

Peter Nyberg Peter.Nyberg at dbb.su.se
Fri Mar 11 09:48:56 GMT 2005

I have a TLS enabled SAMBA/LDAP server. I have a statement and you can tell me
if I’m right or wrong.
Windows clients authenticate to samba with ordinary samba-password. Samba parse
it tls enabled further to the openldap server. Now if I have Samba and ldap on
the same computer the tls is useless in this issue but it’s create between
different server computers. It is also create if one has a communication from
the outside. Am I right?

Is there (if it’s possible) any point having tls enabled all the way from the
clients, or is it just a lot of work making a certificate for each windows?
I’m wrapping samba and ldap to my local network.

Peter Nyberg
Institutionen för Biokemi och Biofysik (DBB)
Sv.Arrhenius vägen 12
106 91 Stockholm
Tel: 08-16 24 69
Mobil: 070 339 24 69