[Samba] could not join machine to the domain

Steve Zeng szeng at mainframe.ca
Wed Mar 9 23:52:20 GMT 2005

Hi,

I could not join the windows machine to the domain even when I added the
machine to LDAP database. But in the same windows machine, I can map
drive on the Samba server with LDAP based user account. I could not
figure out why.

Samba 3.0.10
OpenLDAP 2.1.29
Fedora Core 2
Domain: TESTDOMAIN
Samba PDC host: enzo
windows machine: ajatar

The samba log:

make_user_info_map: Mapping user [TESTDOMAIN]\[administrator] from
workstation [AJATAR]
push_sec_ctx(0, 0) : sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 1
push_conn_ctx(0) : conn_ctx_stack_ndx = 0
setting sec ctx (0, 0) - sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 1
NT user token: (NULL)
UNIX token of user 0
Primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups
is_trusted_domain: Checking for domain trust with [TESTDOMAIN]
secrets_fetch failed!
pop_sec_ctx (0, 0) - sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 0
Cache entry with key = TDOM/TESTDOMAIN couldn't be found
no entry for trusted domain TESTDOMAIN found.

Thanks a lot.

--
Regards,

Steve Zeng