[Samba] Copying printer drivers across many servers

David Landgren landgren at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 11:06:41 GMT 2005

List,

I am deploying a number of Samba servers across a WAN. To date I have
manually uploaded printer drivers from an XP client to the Samba
server. But it's slow, and I systematically upload the same drivers
over and over again.

I'm not quite sure of the recipe, but I'm sure there must be a way of
replicating all the drivers, from a central point, out to the remote
servers. Copying the files is simple enough, but how do I make the
various .tdb files contain the right records?

Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks,
David