[Samba] Copying printer drivers across many servers

David Schlenk david-schlenk at bethel.edu
Mon Mar 7 22:51:04 GMT 2005

I've been largely able to do this by copying everything in the
/var/lib/samba directory, then removing all the tdb's in
/var/lib/samba/printing. (/var/lib might be something else depending on
your OS/config). You'd do this after installing the samba packages but
before joining a domain and starting the service.  You'll also need to
copy all the printer drivers, which I put in /usr/share/samba/printers,
but that would depend on your print$ definition.

Doing it this way seems to work for about 95% of the printer drivers we
use, YMMV.