[Samba] Sharing an nfs mounted directory from two different samba servers?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Mar 7 09:02:39 GMT 2005

Due to the problems I experienced switching my users to a new server,
I'd like now to migrate only some workstations at a time.
Since they all have to work on the same files, I though of nfs mounting
the new server disk on the old one, so the old server would be sharing
the nfs mounted directory while the new one would be sharing the same
directory but from its own disk.
Is this an acceptable plan or am I going to have issues with
locking/oplocks?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007