[Samba] idmap backend problems

Samba Samba at guidemail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:30:35 GMT 2005

 I disagree.   According to the Release Notes the idmap_rid does NOT
require an LDAP server.  The way I understand it is uses the last part
of your SID to derive what your UID will be, thus you will have
consistancy across your Sambas.

I compiled my samba the same way and it is working however I am
encountering problems with the winbind daemon while in this mode.  I
have submitted another topic on this problem.

Did you setup your /etc/nsswitch.conf file ?

Josh