[Samba] Quickbooks files can't be shared w/ 3.0.11

Adnan Yusuf ayusuf at greaterthanone.com
Thu Mar 3 20:47:00 GMT 2005

I had to use the 'veto oplocks' option since I wanted oplocks for everything else on the share. QB works, but nothing else can even read the file. I get a 'Resource Deadlock Avoided' error on smbclient.

'smbstatus' reports a DENY_NONE lock, and an access mode of 0x2019f. I couldn't find the significance of this anywhere.

Point to note is that the same setup worked fine without any hitches or errors on Samba 2.2.8. This problem only surfaced when I upgraded to 3.0.11.