[Samba] Quickbooks files can't be shared w/ 3.0.11

L. Mark Stone lmstone at rnome.com
Thu Mar 3 21:19:25 GMT 2005

I had intermittent issues with QuickBooks on a Samba share until I
disabled oplocks in Windows as well as in Samba.  I used the
actdiag.exe utility (comes with ACT!) but Microsoft has a KB article on
how to modify the Windows registry manually to do this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296264

My setup is SuSE 9.2 Pro running Samba 3.0.9.  Windows is Windows 2000
SP4 running in VMware on the SuSE 9.2 machine.  QuickBooks is my only
regularly used Windows application.

In smb.conf, I have for the share where the QuickBooks files are:

[qbdata]
	comment = QuickBooks Data Folder
	path = /home/smbuser/qbdata/
	writeable = yes