[Samba] samba failed to authenticate to openLDAP

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Mar 2 14:23:49 GMT 2005

>2: doing that nearly fscked up my already existent DIT for always;

I'd be very interested in hearing how this happened and what almost got
borked.  I can't for the life of me think of anything that the
smbldap-tools package should have done above just adding random
attributes and entries in a lot of places if badly configured.  The
worst (again, that I can imagine) that you would have had to do would be
clean with a fine tooth scrub brush.

I haven't delved deep into the code, so I don't doubt that things could
be pretty powerful, just that I haven't seen how they could go far
enough to completely bork up a whole LDAP database.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.