[Samba] SuSE9.2 Client to AD 2003

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Tue Mar 1 22:45:29 GMT 2005

I have been pulling my hairs out about this for a while now. Running the
latest version of SuSE with all patches applied, I have my machine
joined to the domain no problem. But when I go to use mount -t smbfs I
get this error.

Mounting share failed, smbmnt must be installed suid root for direct
user mounts (1000,1000) smbmnt failed:1

Of course I hit Google and the list archives first before asking here
and tried a few things first like

Chmod +s smbmnt and also making sure the kernel was compiled to support
smbfs file system.

Can anyone in here save me a few hairs and point me to some help or
offer some guidance before I pull what is left of my hair out :)

Thank you