[Samba] Domain Tursts Revisited

Tom Skeren tms3 at fsklaw.com
Tue Mar 1 21:01:15 GMT 2005

OK Jerry, I think I got it sorted.  The documentation in Chap 17 says:

    Problems With LDAP ldapsam And The smbldap-tools

    If you use the smbldap-useradd.pl script to create a trust account
to set up Interdomain trusts the process of         setting up the trust
will fail. The account that was created in the LDAP database will have
an account flags         field that has [W ], when it must have [I ] for
Interdomain trusts to work.

    Answer: Here is a simple solution. Create a machine account as follows:

    root#  smbldap-useradd.pl -w domain_name

    Then set the desired trust account password as shown here:

    root#  smbldap-passwd.pl domain_name\$

I think it needs to be clear that domain_name here is the NetBIOS name
of the w2k domain and not the samba domain.