[Samba] Simple fix to horrible bug in Samba website CSS

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Wed Jun 29 22:24:05 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:52:44AM -0500, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> What are you trying to do, comment out the height?

Yes, I'm just starting to get up to speed with CSS.

> The hash hack generates parse errors on CSS validators, and it
> doesn't work consistently.  Were you trying to hide the style from
> Firefox while leaving it visible to other browsers?

No, just hide it from all browsers; thanks for explaining my mistake
to me.

> The simplest solution is to not specify a height at all,

True.

> but as I say, I think I did this for a reason (i.e. trying to fix a
> bigger, more obvious problem.)  I'm hesitant to remove the height
> rule without testing across multiple browsers, which I can't do
> today.

Yes, it's a lot of work to be compatible with everyone.

> I will put this on my todo list.  If you don't see a fix by the middle of
> next week, feel free to email me personally about it.

Hey, I trust you, I don't want to give you a hard time, thanks for the
good work!

> btw, I'm glad the bug didn't bother you so bad as to prevent you
> from using the styles on your own website.

Yes :-} That's how I found the cause of the problem (though I removed
the height spec and modified a few other things :-) I hope you don't
mind.  If you do, I'll remove your style.
--
Nick Urbanik   RHCE       http://nicku.org          nicku(at)nicku.org
Proud ex-member of Dept. of Information & Communications Technology in