[Samba] Winbind doesn't reconnect to DC after disconnect

mtsai mtsai at nit.ca
Thu Jun 23 02:35:24 GMT 2005

If either the domain member or the domain controller causes the
connection to break, winbind doesn't reconnect to the controller
afterwards so authentication doesn't work properly.

For more information, what I basically get is the following:

- Connect to the domain controller --> everything works fine.
- either reboot the domain member or domain controller
- when whichever comes back up, the connection is broken and
authentication doesn't work

Also, after rebooting, wbinfo -t results in the following:

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME (0xc0000122)
Could not check secret

Also, while the domain controller is down, I do get an error code
telling me that the domain controller is not there instead of
invalid computer name.

Restarting the winbind daemon fixes it all. Is there a way for winbind
to automatically notice the disconnect and then reattempt to connect
when say.. the client finds the domain controller again?

Thanks,
Margaret