[Samba] Adding a cups printer driver

stefan at st-petersen.de stefan at st-petersen.de
Thu Jun 16 06:54:22 GMT 2005

Hello Tomek,

the problem with the uppercase could be a thing. But I think this is not
really the point. cupsaddsmb enacapsulates the installation process
normally done with a couple of rpcclient calls. To have more control over
the installation process the samba documentation tells you how to go
through this process manually. I was able to install the driver-files in
the /etc/samba/drivers directory with the rpcclient and a 'put' command.
Now that the files reside in the /etc/samba/drivers/W32X86 directory, I
tried to make the 'adddriver' command as described in the samba doc.
This command fails, and it will fail with cupsaddsmb as long as the
problem seen with the manual installation isn't fixed.

In my first post you see an error msg, that tells that something is wrong
with the count of parameters of the rpc-call. Is this the real problem, or
is it something that the program means, 'I don't know the exact problem,
so I give this messages'?

Stefan.