[Samba] Push install printers from a samba server

Wed Jul 20 16:27:26 GMT 2005

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone had a link to a good tutorial (or docs) in regards
to setting up a push install of printers (HP 4200N) from a samba server (CentOS 4) to a
mixed windows (98,2k,xp) enviorment. Now I have been investigating using a BAT file in a
logon script, but the results seem to be unpredictable (maybe i am usign them wrong?).
Then permissions on the target machine seem to be an issue (access denied) unless they
are an administrator. Is there a way to ease the pain with samba? I understand this post
skirts the fine line between an actual samba question and a network logon script
question, but was hoping to pick the brains of some more experienced samaba admins in
case there is a way that is slightly more intergrated with samba itself - and well you
guys have probably been over this bump before.

Thanks in advance!

Dustin