[Samba] testparm dumping core

Justin R. Pessa jpessa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:34:15 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run testparm to parse my config file and it's dumping out on me.
I ran strace on it and received the following:

root at enmity# strace -vv /usr/local/bin/testparm
execve(0xbfbfe800, [0xbfbfece8], [0xbfbfecf0]PIOCWSTOP: Input/output error
root at enmity# Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb.conf

I would include the core file but it's over 400M.

Another problem is that smbd is crashing as well and dumping core. I don't
know what brought this on, as things were working fine earlier.

My system is FreeBSD-5.4-p2 and I'm using samba-3.0.14a,1 compiled from an
updated ports collection.

Any help is appreciated!

- Justin