[Samba] Accounts disabled moving from v 3.00 3.0.14

kent kent at mail.wareham.mec.edu
Tue Jul 19 17:34:23 GMT 2005

Hello,
1. Just having a problem when moving from version 3.0.0 RedHat8 to FDC4 v
3.0.14. I realize there are some attributes new to the schema in 3.0.14 but when
a user attempts to login, a "D" is placed in the account flags. How can I get
around this without having to run smbpasswd -e? I have many users in my LDAP
directory and don't want to enable accounts one at a time.

What entry needs to be in LDAP for Samba so that a user must change password on
first login? Will putting sambaPwdMustChange as a date in the past do this?

Kent N