[Samba] Unwanted Workgroup Names on WINS

Ilia Chipitsine ilia at paramon.ru
Tue Jul 19 04:41:38 GMT 2005

if You setup workstations as P-node, which is WINS/no-broadcast, so You'll
see only things registered on your wins server, which is samba in your
case.

Such thing can be done by using DHCP, for instance. read dhcp-options(5)
as for ISC-dhcp.

However, I've no idea how to stop other workgroups from publishing at
samba/wins :-(

Cheers,
Ilia Chipitsine