[Samba] Samba 3.0.14a problem: not able to see all files in a directory

James Peach jorgar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:55:13 GMT 2005

On 7/14/05, Knut Hellebø <Knut.Hellebo at nho.hydro.com> wrote:
> Not much luck with this one, so I'm reposting hoping for some help...
>
> Samba 3.0.14a, running on Solaris 8 or Sgi IRIX 6.5.27.
>
> Scenario:
>
> 1. User has a symlink on his homeshare to a directory, let's call it
> dir1, which is automounted to the samba server (tried both Solaris samba
> server and Sgi, same result).

I don't know about solaris, but there's a good change that on IRIX
this is due to you using version 1 naming on your XFS filesystem. If
you run xfs_growfs -n /mountpoint, the output will tell you which
naming version is in use. Version 2 naming has been the default since
6.5.4.

Unless you need to use the filesystem on a really ancient IRIX
version, I strongly recommend you move to version 2 naming.
Unfortunately, this is a dump and restore task. If you can't change
the filesystem, Jeremy did change the directory code to handle this,
but iirc it was checked in after 3.0.14a released.

James Peach | jorgar at gmail.com