[Samba] Problems uploading printer drivers

Greg Baker gbaker at cs.mun.ca
Thu Jul 14 10:35:54 GMT 2005

On July 13, 2005 12:41 pm, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Dragan Krnic wrote:
> | What do you mean "select a printer queue, right klik and
> | first klik NO !!!" ? What do you mean "klik NO" ?
> | Where's "NO" ?
> |
> | If I select a printer queue and right klick, it gives me
> | a range of choices, Open, Connect, Stop printer,
> | Share, Create Link, Delete, Rename and Properties,
> | but there is no "NO". The only choice that would
> | present me with a choice between "Yes" and "No" is if
> | I klick "Delete" and it asks "Are you sure?".
>
> He means don't install a local driver on the client
> when Windows prompts you that the server does not
> have a valid driver installed.
>
> Right click (Select properties)
> 	-> Select "no" when prompted to install
> 	   a local driver
>
> You only get prompted to install a local driver when
> the printer does not have one currently bound to it.

I still do not have this working, and I checked everything that was suggested
so far.  Does anyone have an idea of what is likely the cause?  I may find a
solution if I knew the cause.  For example, are the printer drivers not
showing up because samba cannot write to a tdb file?  Or perhaps something
else?

I do not know enough about the internals of samba to make an educated guess as
to what may be the cause here.  I'm hoping someone else does know enough.. :)

Thanks again.
Greg