[Samba] xfs filesystem corruption

mourik jan c heupink heupink at intech.unu.edu
Tue Jul 12 21:05:16 GMT 2005

dear list.

I was just wondering, is there anyone here using sles9 with xfs in an lvm?

We had severe filesystem corruption on a server today, and only two
things were changed: I updated via yast online update (lot's of updates,
strange enough, including an lvm update) and I had to replace a drive in
my hardware 6 disk raid array. (IBM 5i, raid 5)

Now I was wondering what caused the corruption: the lvm updates, or the
disk change... (or even something else..?) therefore I'm asking here...

Anyone having xfs/lvm problems/corruption after the updates?

Mourik Jan