[Samba] NEWBIE: libsendfile.so.1 missing

Dave.Turner at VerizonWireless.com Dave.Turner at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Jul 12 20:42:26 GMT 2005

I've installed samba before, but it was an older version. This time I'm
having some trouble. I'm using the Solaris8-Sparc packages from
sunfreeware.com and got the error:

/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: fatal: libsendfile.so.1:

I made sure that libiconv-1.8-sol8-intel-local was installed and then
reinstalled it anyway, but the libsendfile.so.1 was not located in /usr/bin
where it is located on my other server with the older version of Samba. I
tried manually copying the files over and got this error:

fatal: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2: wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2LSB

What could I be screwing up?

Thanks,
Dave
product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.