[Samba] Samba bdc

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Jul 1 21:11:44 GMT 2005

well, that contradicts what you said before:

Unknown parameter encountered "ldap map suffix"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap map suffix"

>> 3)
>> BDC would take over domain logons (but not domain joins) only if it's
>> configured properly.
>> In your case, it looks like it isn't.
>

> Any idea what I need to look at?  Strange thing is this:
>
> I have a script that builds my login batch files on the go and saves
> them in the netlogon directory.  If the PDC is up by itself, then it
> works fine.  When I bring the BDC up and login with the client, it saves
> the batch file to the BDC's netlogon directory.  But if I take down the
> PDC then the client cannot login to the BDC.
>
> I actually got it to where the 'pdbedit -L' works while the Master is
> up, but if I take down the master then I get errors.

well, I'd do some more things.

1) set log level to 3 in smb.conf
2) stop Samba
3) remove logs from /var/log/samba
4) start Samba
5) see the logs if there are any indications about failures in
contacting LDAP?
6) see BDC and PDC logs and search who the PDC *really* is (maybe BDC
doesn't know it for some reason)?

7) can you add usernames/workstations from command line on BDC?

smbldap-useradd -w testworkstation

getent passwd

8) you might also want to stop Samba, remove all *.tdb files, and start
it once again - make a backup of these files, I don't want to break
anything in your setup :)

hmmm, that would be it for now?

--
Tomek
WPKG - deploy software to Windows workstations with Samba