[Samba] Unable to map drives to samba shares

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Tue Jan 25 10:29:22 GMT 2005

Hi,
i guess nobody answered for some reasons:
1.) samba 2.2.0 is old today, verry old.
2.) you probably didn't give enough details on your problem.
what version of windows,
what servicepack,
what is in your smb.conf,
is the error reproducible,
does it occure for specific users,
is the samba-server the only server, or does it authenticate against a
windows-domaincontroler....
you get the point?
3.) after thinking some time about it, i remember i had this issue long ago
(around 1998 perhaps) with 2.2x, it turned out it didn't default to 0 for max
connections, it used 32 or 64 as value. set the value explicit to 0 and it never
occured again.
Christoph