[Samba] Email server

MJBarber at Hearst.com MJBarber at Hearst.com
Mon Jan 24 21:10:50 GMT 2005

Saad,
You are right .... totally off topic.

You want the Postfix, Sendmail or maybe even Exim newsgroups for a mail
server....I think RH9 still uses Sendmail by default.... The newer Fedora
project has switched to Postfix......

If you want to serve email up to users ....ie.  read the mail on something
other than the local box... you will need a POP3 and/or IMAP server

Courier imap, (includes both POP and IMAP)
UW-IMAP, (have no idea what this includes... never used it.)
Cyrus-imap, (includes both POP and IMAP)

Good luck,
Michael J Barber
WPTZ/WNNE
Computer Services Administrator