[Samba] Samba 3, SLES 9 and ldap

John Little jlittle_97 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 22:30:49 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I am using Chapter 6 of the Samba by Example series from the web site
to set up our ldap server.

When I issue the command "net getlocalsid" I receive the following
error:

lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search_suffix(1159)
  smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search:  (No such
object)
SID for domain SLES9T is: S-1-5-21-1056785705-3799760564-261985621

Based on some google searches I tried setting the machine to PDC, BDC
and Standalone all of which generated the error.

I am not sure where to go looking for my error.  I would appreciate it
if someone could steer me in the right direction or tell me some things
to check.

Thanks!
John Little
Network Engineer