[Samba] Re: Using ssh for samba authentication?

Igor Bukanov ml at igor.mir2.org
Tue Jan 18 21:30:53 GMT 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:49:00 -0800, "Jim C." <jcllings at javahop.com>
said:

> | I use ssh port forwarding to connect to a samba server from Windows
> | ask for any password for shares?
>
> Why not set ssh up for public key auth?  Coupled with Samba's own
> encryption, it should be secure enough. ;-)

I already use public key authentication in ssh and for this reason the
additional password typing is annoyance that can potentially leak
passwords. So I thought that maybe there was a way to start samba from
ssh connection and assume that user already authentificated among the
lines of sftp subsystem in ssh.

Regards, Igor