[Samba] Re: Unable to connect to smb shares from second machine in workgroup

Andrew DeFaria Andrew at DeFaria.com
Sat Jan 15 19:45:15 GMT 2005

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> Ed Holden wrote:
>
>> Yes, it does look like your wireless netwokr is on the same subnet as
>> your wired one, so I'd doubt that the wired test will be successful
>> (but it's probably still worth trying).
>
> Still looking for that long cable.... :-)

Well got that long cable and connected it. Same problems - exact same
problems.

>> Maybe you should increase the debug level to see what turns up in the
>> logs.
>
> I did that at one time. A lot came out - nothing stood out as the
> exact cause. Perhaps I will try again in a more isolated environment
> and capture the output to post here.

Still need to do more of this. Will look into this later (my daughter's
over and it's now her computer and she's playing games....)

> What do you think about the fact that nmblookup cannot find Starbase
> but can find Voyager? I would think before any authentication could be
> successful Samba would need to be able to locate the machine in question.

I still believe if I could solve this mystery I'd have the answer...