[Samba] upgrading (?) from 2.2.4 to 3.0.8pre1-0.pre1.3

Richard Pickett Richard.Pickett at CSRTechnologies.com
Thu Jan 13 17:11:14 GMT 2005

OK, I got it working.  I'm posting this for the archive.  I followed the
"Domain Member Server" example in chapter 2:
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/FastStart.html#id
2511401

And modified it to meet my situation.  I still got the same login prompt
when trying to browse that computer from a XP station but this time I
noticed NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT as the error in the logs.  Doing
a search on that I found this little jewel:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2002-June/046192.html

The Domain Member Server example didn't have a "domain logons" setting,
so I added the line "domain logons = no" and restarted smb.  Bingo!
Works like a charm now.

Hope this helps the next guy.