[Samba] Kerberos and Samba

Ganeshram Iyer ganeshramiyer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 03:42:53 GMT 2005

Thank jörn and Andrew,
Apologies for hitting reply only. I did not mean to do this and once i
had sent the email, I resent it to the group.

Thanks again for your replies. The suggestions and comments were very
much what I was looking for. jörn's reply was what I had tried earlier
and for the life of me I could not get Windows users to be able to
change passwords from the Windows machine. It kept telling them that
they did not have the permission to change their own passwords. As for
LDAP, for some reason I was unable to get SAMBA to even authorize
against the LDAP DB. I am a bit of a Linux newbie (i am mainly a part
time Windows administrator) and so am working with a new enviroment.
Thanks for the link. I will try and see if I can implement that better.

Ganesh