[Samba] session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

john.debella at teradyne.com john.debella at teradyne.com
Thu Jan 6 02:59:12 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm having trouble joining a Samba 2.2.7a server running on RH9 into a
domain that is being served by a Windows 2003 server running AD in mixed
mode. The server successfully joins the domain when using smbpasswd,
however, when running smbclient -L localhost  I get the following error:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Also when attempting to access shares from windows clients I'm prompted
for a username and password, however, no accounts ever get granted access.
We have another samba server with the same config, (RH9 and same samba
version), and it is working fine.

I'm including my smb.conf file below.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

-John
-

[global]
   workgroup = BEDFORD
   netbios name = AMLINK

  security = domain
  encrypt passwords = yes
  password server = bedford03-dc.atb.teradyne.com
   wins server = 131.101.77.31
   server string = Linux ClearCase Server %v %h
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   log level = 4
   max log size = 4000
   username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   read raw = no
   oplocks = no
   kernel oplocks = no
   level2 oplocks = no
   create mask = 0774
   directory mask = 0775
   map archive = No
   preserve case = yes
   dont descend = /view
   deadtime = 0
   hide dot files = no

[vobs]
   path = /export/vobs
   browsable = yes
   writable = yes
   public = yes
   comment = "Vob Storage"
[hwvobs]
   path = /export/vobs/hw_vobs
   browsable = yes
   writable = yes
   public = yes
   comment = "HWEngVobs"

[triggers]
   path = /var/adm/atria/triggers
   browsable = yes
   writable = no
   write list = vobadm
   force group = vobgrp
   force create mode = 664
   force directory mode = 775
   public = yes
   comment = "storage for clearcase triggers"
   csc policy = disable

[profiles]
   path = /var/adm/atria/profiles
   browsable = yes
   writable = no
   write list = vobadm
   force group = vobgrp
   force create mode = 664
   force directory mode = 775
   public = yes
   comment = "storage for clearcase profiles"
   csc policy = disable