[Samba] smbmount of XP share results in Permission Denied

Alois Treindl alois at astro.ch
Fri Jan 7 19:22:45 GMT 2005

Hello

I have exactly the same problem as you have.
I reported it to Redhat support on 29 November, sent many log files
and tcpdump logs they requested.

They have so far been unable to resolve it.

smbmount (for mounting a volume off a Windows 2003 server onto RHEL 3.0
ES) does not work since sambar release > 3.0.2
the mount itslef works, but the mounted volume, including the mount
point itself, is unreadable - always 'permission denied' errors.

redhat support claims that they cannot reproduce the problem in their labs.

Have you solved the problem?

My current solution is to run samba 3.0.2 and to try each new release
redhat brings out - each one failed so far.

Alois