[Samba] LDAP+samba dc docs

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed Jan 5 19:54:58 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 12:07, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please point me towards good documentation for setting up
> samba3 as a DC and using ldap for authentication.  The part I'm having
> trouble with is setting up ldap in the right way, and the ldap docs are a
> bit confusing.
>
> I'm also looking for good docs on upgrading a DC from samba2.x to samba3,
> while upgrading the whole OS (SuSE 8.0 to SUSE 9.2).  I have extracted the
> SID from the old box and figured out how to put it in the new one, but I'm
> not sure what else I have to look out for.
>
> Any help or links would be appreciated

Hans,

Please check chapter 6 of the book "Samba-3 by Example". If anything is not
clear or does not work please contact me, I'll help you to get this working.

You can purchase this book from Amazon.Com or download it from:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

You will need to use the latest version of the Idealx smbldap-tools from
www.idealx.org. If you wish, give me a call on (801) 936-1368 and I can
provide more info on how you can easily and rapidly set up Samba on SUSE 9.2.

Cheers,
John T.
--
John H Terpstra