[Samba] Samba as a Print Server : passthrough login problem

Joris De Pooter joris.de.pooter at atempo.com
Mon Feb 28 14:00:42 GMT 2005

Paul Gienger a écrit :

> Please make sure to post your resolution, or next issue, to the list
> for posterity.  I'm sure you just hit the wrong button...
>
> Winbind could very well be your problem as well.
>
> Joris De Pooter wrote:

>>> I didn't notice at first, hence me posting to the parent again...
>>> you've got a few conflicting entries here:
>>> security = server
>>> passdb = tdbsam
>>> smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
>>

>> Yes you're right :)
>> I've commented the passdb and smb passwd file params.
>> But I still have no luck in authentication.
>>

>>> You don't 'need' a passwd file when running in server security,
>>> although it apparently will fall back.  I'm presuming that your smb
>>> passwd file parameter is the default anyway, but it's not used in
>>> tdbsam, which is another red herring to the setup.  I'd drop all but
>>> your security mode.
>>>
>>> Also, you may want to get rid of it all and run with
>>> security = domain
>>> since you've got a (presumably) good PDC server running.  This will
>>> mean that you'll have to join your samba box to the domain however,
>>> but that will help you to validate your setup.
>>

>> After some reading, I think my problem is because I don't have
>> winbind on my samba print server.
>> I'm investigating now.
>>
>> I keep you in touch :)

Hi, you see I didn't forget you :p
After some readings (that Using Samba book is really awesome), I changed
the security type, installed winbind, and finally made it work flawlessly.
Here's my smb.conf for your information

# Global parameters
[global]
    workgroup = ATEMPO
    netbios name = PAPYRUS2
    server string = papyrus le retour (%v)
    log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m
    max log size = 50
    printer admin = ATEMPO+joris
    load printers = no
    printing = cups
    security = domain
    password server = *
    os level = 15
    local master = no
    domain master = no
    encrypt passwords = yes
    winbind separator = +
    winbind cache time = 10
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    template homedir = /home/%D/%U
    template shell = /bin/false

[print$]
    comment = Drivers Imprimantes
    path = /etc/samba/printer
    write list = ATEMPO+joris
    browseable = yes
    read only = yes

# one printer
[mis1700]
    comment = Dell 1700n - MIS - RDC
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = yes
    write list = ATEMPO+joris

My bad was my misunderstood of the documentation I found @samba.org
because as I said before, english isn't my native language.
Anyway, thanks for your help all, i appreciated it really :)

See you soon, that list is just great ;)

PS: Sorry, i just saw that instead of replying to the list, I replied
some of my mail to a person :(
--
Joris De Pooter