[Samba] smbumount hangs

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Thu Feb 24 23:49:47 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 13:13 +1100, Geoff Scott wrote:
> Nina Pham wrote:
> > I'm using rehat9, kernel2.4.20-18.9, samba2.2.7a-7.9.0. I have
> > smbumount hangs most of the time. Any idea?

> Although this is SMB related this is the wrong list for this problem.  This
> is a SAMBA list not an SMBMOUNT list.

	Oh?  Being one of the former maintainers of smbmount/smbumount and
smbfs in the kernel, last I looked smbmount and smbumount were part of
the Samba package and have been since before I was managing it (and I
handed off to someone else on the team years ago).  Is there some other
place where people are discussing smbmount, smbumount, and smbfs now?

	Hmmm...  What's on Fedora Core 3 seems to be part of the Samba package:

[root at canyon ~]# rpm -qf /usr/bin/smbumount
samba-client-3.0.10-1.fc3

> Regards Geoff Scott

	Mike
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/