[Samba] Symlinks followed literally in Debian 3.0, not in Red Hat 7.3

Stephen D. Benning benn0224 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:54:52 GMT 2005

After receiving requests to post answers to this query,
I figured I'd resubscribe to let people know that there is,
in fact, a way around this.  When I upgraded johnboy to Linux
kernel version 2.6.10, all the formerly problematic symlinks
worked.  Apparently, the 2.6.10 kernel fixed some issues in
the smbfs code relating to symlinks (thanks to Ted McManus for
pointing this out to me).  So if you're running Linux clients,
my advice is to upgrade them to kernel 2.6.10.

--
Stephen D. Benning
Department of Psychology
E-mail: benn0224 at umn.edu