[Samba] Problems with VFS Recycle on SLES9

J. Strohschnitter samba-ml at rwz.de
Tue Feb 22 09:33:25 GMT 2005

Hi

if I set "recycle:versions=True", all files get a "#Copy of..." in the repository,
so when I set "noversions = *.txt ...." the 0-byte file still overwrites the
file in the repository.

Which editor-bug do you mean ? I have tried it with any application from the
client-pc (wave-editor, ms office, wordpad, editor, proton-editor ....), but
with any of my known applications, the 0-Byte-File was written.
Except, when I create a file from command-line (echo "123" > xyz.txt) a 0byte
copy was'nt created in the repository.

Hope you can help me, or is this a known bug/feature where I have to live with ?
With samba 2.2.X the recycle-vfs works fine.

--
Regards,

     Jens Strohschnitter

*!!!LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX!!!*