[Samba] leaving Profiles on PDC

Ilia Chipitsine ilia at paramon.ru
Tue Feb 22 03:54:25 GMT 2005

>> what exactly do you want ?
>> [...]
>>
>> 2) automagically merge roaming profile when logged simultenously from
>> two workstations ? it will work for XP and above, I don't know any
>> solution for w2k.
>
> .... and avoid the download of a profile to local "Documents and Settings" /
> upload the complete profile on log off.

such trick is called "folder redirection", it is said by Microsoft that it
can be only done with AD policies, but it can be easily tweaked by

1) either editing registry (keys are described in Samba-Official-Howto and
Samba-Guide)

2) or applying nt4 style domain policies (adm template is supplied with
samba sources)