[Samba] Re: Howto delete printer driver for only one architecture?

Christoph Peus cp at peus.net
Fri Feb 18 11:29:17 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> | Therefore I would like to delete these old drivers, but
> | I don't know how to achieve this without
> | deleting the drivers for all architectures
>
> Use a windows 200 or later client.  Browse to the
> server's 'printers and faxes' folder.
>
> Now File -> Server properties and got to the driver
> tab.  You can select the specific driver and architectures
> there.

Thanks for your quick reply, but it doesn't solve the problem for me,
because the "add" and "delete" buttons are grayed out (not usable) in this
context, though I logged in with admin rigths. (I hope so)
(Besides of that - a scriptable solution would be very helpfull, because I
have to do this for  about 90 printers...)

Is there something special about using Windows Server 2003 for client os?

 From my smb.conf:

[printers]
          comment = All Printers
          path = /var/spool/samba
          browseable = no
          public = yes
          guest ok = yes
          writable = no
          printable = yes
          printer admin = @bit

[print$]
          comment = Printer Drivers
          path = /etc/samba/drivers
          create mask = 774
          directory mask = 775
          browseable = yes
          guest ok = no
          read only = yes
          write list = ntroot

I logged in as user "ntroot" which is member of the "bit" group. Something
wrong with this?
Thanks!

Christoph