[Samba] Howto delete printer driver for only one architecture?

Christoph Peus cp at peus.net
Thu Feb 17 23:50:43 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,

we have a lot of printers shared by samba, which are still offering the old
"version 2" W32X86 style print drivers, though most of our clients have
been upgraded to w2k and above meanwhile. Therefore I would like to delete
these old drivers, but I don't know how to achieve this without deleting
the drivers for all architectures (with rpcclient -c "deldriver... ").
It seems that there's an rpcclient command missing from the SPOOLSS stuff.
Any hints?

If I delete the drivers for all architectures and afterwards add those
which I really need, what happens to the configuration data which had been
saved to ntprinters.tdb? Will it survive the deletion of the corresponding
drivers or do I have to repeat all the configuration?
Thank you!

Regards
Christoph