[Samba] Samba works fine but can't login to linux using LDAP backend

Adi Nugraha adi at westindo.co.id
Thu Feb 17 02:48:36 GMT 2005

Hi
I have 2 questions :

1. I've setup a samba with ldap backend and everything is working fine with
samba but I can't login to the OS using the users I added through the
smbldap-useradd utility, getent passwd worked fine and i can see the user
but I can't login,

I'm using mandrake 10.0 and samba 3.0.2a anyon knows why? I've followed some
of the threads but the most I gt out of it is to use ldap passwd sync = yes
which I am already using,

2. I know this is off topic but does will rsync backup the acl from a w2k
server to the samba share ?

thanks