[Samba] Re: Preventing deletion of folders under a SAMBA share: SOLVED

Michal Kurowski mkur at gazeta.pl
Thu Feb 10 15:41:24 GMT 2005

Josir Gomes [josir at ig.com.br] wrote:
> Sorry Michal, but I don't agree with that.
>
> He transforms a simple "chmoding" instruction in a inventive business
> solution: this is what we are looking for on the Linux world.
>
> If you look back in the newsgroup archive, you will find several users
> with that same problem.
>
> Stuart, please doc your tip to us.

No offense, but that's wrong.

It is very dangerous (in practice ;-) to mix marketing - like
language with classic system administration problems.

The problem is not "inventive" - merely it's a typical problem in
understanding Unix environment by Windows folks.

It is hard. We've all certainly seen it.

Such things have to be clarified in docs - they're just
not inventive ...

Cheers,

--
Michal Kurowski