[Samba] Re: Migrating from NT4 to Samba - correct strategy - SOLVED

Josir Gomes josir at ig.com.br
Thu Feb 10 14:47:20 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

I change the domain name (without using the net rpc vampire) and it
works gracefully !

After Beast tip, I've looking around the config parameters and After I
run 'net groupmap list | sort', I notice that there are both SIDs users
(the old and the new server) (???)

Also, after reading again the Samba HOWTOs, I notice that I didn't
register the machine names but the authentication works fine.

The only problem that I encountered: Printer attached on WinXP stations.
When I log using Samba domain and try to print something, the WinXP
(Printer Server) halts saying that the user don't have privileges to use
the share and ask for a password.

Any tip?
Josir